Kaduna State Scholarship 2022/2023 scheme Online Application Form from scholarship board|how to apply
The Kaduna State Scholarship and Loans Board has a mandate ‘To identify, select and empower veritable citizens of Kaduna state to meet the current and future manpower requirements of the State while remaining globally competitive’.
It has been revealed in a recent research that 40% of Nigerians who come from the North are not lliterates. A lot of things stop them from going to school. The main factor is lack of money for tuition fees.
However, Northern Nigerians have been said to be very intelligent naturally, but inability to read and write could have a very bad effect on people. This reason birthed the Scholarship programme managed by the Kaduna State Scholarship and Loans board.
This board aids in providing funds to make education accessible for all. All those who do not have the capability or resources to sponsor themselves to school should be glad now as a solution has been provided for them.
Also, the board gives out loans to entrepreneurs, farmers in the state to grow their business and pay back with a very little interest rate. Many people have been taking advantage of this opportunity, and I believe you do not want to miss it.
In this article we will be discussing the different types of Scholarships available on the Kaduna State Scholarship portal and how to access them easily. Please note that the Primary requirement to be eligible for this scholarship is to be a Kaduna Indigene.
Types of Scholarship offered by the KSSLB
- Merit Based Scholarships
- Need Based Scholarships
Undergraduate Scholarship (Requirements)
- Evidence of at least B passes in Maths and English Language and Credit passes in 3 other subjects in WAEC or NECO Exam.
- The result must be in one seating and it must not be older than 2017.
- Successful candidate must maintain a CGPA of 3.5 of 5.0 scale.
Post Graduate Scholarship (Requirements)
- A graduating CGPA of 4.0 of 5.0 scale or 3.5 of 4.0 scale for Masters Programme application.
- A Masters merit for PhD application.
Continuing Students Scholarship (Requirements)
- A minimum CGPA of 4.0 of 5.0 scale or 3.5 of 4.0 scale
- Applicant must be a student who has at least one more semester at the time disbursement
- Applicant must not be a spillover student. Do not apply if you are already one.
- Successful candidates must maintain a CGPA of 4.0 of 5.0 scale.
2. Need Based Scholarships
Post Graduate Scholarship (Requirements)
- A graduating second class lower degree or 2.5 of 4.0 for Masters application
- A Masters merit for PhD application
- Make sure your parents (both) urgently get their Tax Certificate immediately
- If any of your parents is dead, make sure you have his/her death certificate in place of their Tax Certificate
- If any of your parents is a peasant or housewife in any of the urban or rural areas, make sure they get a tax certificate even if they earn as low as N100. Tax offices are in every local government area in Nigeria
Candidates can apply for the Kaduna State Scholarship without a secured admission. However, admission must be gotten from an approved and accredited institution before scholarship is awarded.
If you fail to secure a university admission at the time the scholarship is to be disbursed, you will lose your award. And there is no turnover of credentials.
How to apply for the Kaduna State Scholarship
Follow this procedure to complete your Kaduna Scholarship Application with ease.
- First of all go to the scholarship application portal here. https://kdsg-scholarship.com/register
- You must register your account here before applying for the scholarship itself. You will be asked for the following details; Surname, First Name, Middlename, Email address and password.
- Input those details.
- When you have entered the details and you are sure of it, click the “Register” button.
- Upon successful Registration, a mail message will be sent to your registered email address.
- You will have to open your email app to check it.
- When you see it, hit the verify button. You account will be verified immediately.
- Now, you have to login to your account. Enter the registered details and login.
- When you login, scroll down and tap “Apply for Scholarship”. You will be shown the various categories of Scholarships available. Just select the one you are applying for and follow the on screen prompts.