Are you interested in being a member of the country’s electoral body or do you dream of becoming an official member of the Independent Nigeria Electoral Commission (INEC)?
If your answer to the questions above is yes, then you are expected to pay maximum attention to this write-up.
We are glad to tell you that the recruitment into the country’s electoral body is set to begin in few weeks, which is why you should know much about the organization.
What are the physical and educational criteria you should possess to stand a chance of being a successful applicant? How do you go about the registration procedures?
All of these will be broadly discussed as we proceed. Having said all of that, let’s dive into the action by letting you know few things INEC.
Established by the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, INEC are the authorized and legalized body charged with responsibility to oversee all election-related activities across the 36 states of the federation.
They conduct and monitor electoral processes. They collate, count votes and equally declare the winner of election by the end of the day.
Now that you know the activities you are expected to carry out as an INEC official or worker, let’s put you through the processes you must take to achieve your dream of being a part of the organization.
INEC Recruitment General Requirements
Just as it is with every other organization in Nigeria and beyond, you need to meet some criteria and conditions to boost your chances of getting a spot as INEC ad-hoc officer.
Hence, below is a conclusive list of the quality and qualifications you must possess before continuing your INEC recruitment registration:
- You must be a Nigerian who resides in the country.
- You must possess a certificate of state origin which is signed by your local government chairman or his secretary.
NOTE: A certificate endorsed by Liaison Officers is frowned at by the organization and it’s completely unacceptable.
- Government-owned medical officer must confirm your physical and mental status to know if you are fit for the job.
- You must be within 18 and 35 age bracket.
- You must be a computer literate who knows the in and out of a computer system.
- You must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sciences or Humanities.
- Having HND in the aforementioned fields is equally acceptable and recommended.
- You should endeavor to possess a Masters degree or Professional qualification chartered by legislation.
- It is compulsory you have a NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate.
Meanwhile, a post-qualification cognate experience is a very important added advantage, though it’s not mandatory.
INEC Recruitment Procedure
- Scan all the credentials listed above, including your birth certificate
- Visit INEC’s official recruitment portal and upload all credentials
- Having gotten all your scanned credentials, you should proceed to the commission’s official recruitment website.
- Create an account and upload all the scanned credentials. You should wait and confirm that the uploading process is successful before you end the page. You can www.inecnigeria.org http://www.inecrecruitment.com to start the application process.
INEC Shortlisted Candidates 2023/2024
The part of the commission involved in the hiring of new officers will go through your uploaded documents to check if they are up to the desired standard.
Your name will be shortlisted among successful applicants via their website and you will be called upon for your interview if your application is accepted.
This is one of the reasons why it is advisable you keep visiting the INEC official portal to check on any latest developments.
Alternatively, you can follow them via their Social media account, including Twitter, in order to hear from them constantly.
Has INEC Recruitment Started?
According to INEC’s verified Twitter account, the recruitment portal hasn’t been officially opened to applicants as at the time of this article.
The commission also stressed that applicants shouldn’t be too desperate that they will become a victim of online theft and fraud.
As stated earlier, the INEC recruitment has not started yet which means you still have enough time to get all your credentials ready.
As we continue to monitor how things unfold, we advise you keep refreshing this page for any latest development regarding the 2021 INEC recruitment.