Jamb Registration Update and Prerequisite
Are you intending to enroll for the 2023/2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), we are glad to bring to your notice that the portal for the registration is now set to all candidates seeking admission to further their education in any Nigerian Tertiary Institution of your choice.
|Starting Date:||February 2023|
|Closing Date:||March 2023|
JAMB registration 2023/2024
Jamb Registration for this year 2022/2023 academic session has been a little delayed, the reason is not far fetch because most Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education in Nigeria have not yet given out admission ; no thanks to Covid-19 pandemic.
Good news!!! JAMB 2023/2024 has now enabled Caps Portal, this means that 2023/2024 applicant who are eager to know their admission status can now check if they have been admitted or not.
Further more we are now sure that JAMB registration is now insight , the long waite is overdue. One thing we are sure is that before the first week of March Jamb 2022/2023 registration will start.
Is 2023/2024 JAMB Form Out Officially?
The 2022/2023 jamb form starts January . Registration has been announced by the joint admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB team hence you all have to wait a little while.
Please Note: keep reading to know the exact date when jamb will start selling their forms.
When Will 2023/2024 JAMB Form Come Out?
From information we received from an insider, we are made to understand that JAMB form will be out JANUARY first week or latest January 3rd week.
So keep visiting this page to get the latest update when JAMB form will be officially announced.
How Much Is 2023/2024 JAMB Form?
You might want to know the cost or price of JAMB form, let’s show you the price of the form.
The price of JAMB form for 2022 is N3, 500.
Please note that you will pay 500 hundred naira for JAMB Novel.
This article contains varieties of information you need to know, this Information includes; Examination Forms, Registration Procedures and Guild line in checking your result.
UTME 2023/2024 : Candidate’s Choice of Institution
The 2023/2024 UTME portal gives candidate the opportunity to select any tertiary institution they wish to enroll. This means that, a candidates has a varieties of tertiary institution across the country to make his/her first or second choices.
This institutions includes; University, Polytechnic, college of Education, Innovative Enterprise Institute, Nigerian Defense Academy and Nigerian Police Academy.
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination General Requirement 2023
The necessary requirement for gaining admission into any of the aforementioned tertiary institution in other to obtain a
first Degree, National Innovative Diploma (NID), National Diploma (ND), and Nigerian Certificate Education (NCE) in Nigerian University, Innovative Enterprise Institutions, Polytechnics, College of Educations etc, are minimum of five credits in their SSCE Result including Mathematics and English Language.
There are more information embedded in a compact disc that will be distributed to all candidates during their registration period, it is known as e-brochure. This e-brochure shows you a list of courses offered in various institutions. It also contains JAMB subject combination, direct entry requirements etc.
2023/2024 Post UTME Registration Date and Examination Venue
The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination 2023/2024 edition will be made known to the general public at the appropriate fixed date.
The examination venue will be within the town selected by each candidate, however, the candidates examination center will be allocated randomly by the UTME officials.
Mean while, it is important to note that officials of the UTME do not post candidates to examination town against their wish, it is always within the preferred town selected by the candidates. In that case, interested candidates are advice to make their registration in their respective town on time.
Important Things to Take Note Of For Hitch Free 2023/2024 jamb Registration Procedures
It is our desire that candidates have the best knowledge of UTME procedures before the commencement of their registration.
* The Unified Tertiary Matriculation examination board, charges a token fee of 4000 naira for registration of each candidate; of which 3500 naira is use to acquire the e-pin, and 500 naira for the recommended literature (” Sweet Sixteen ” by Bolaji Abudullahi). The cost of registration for candidates registering using any Of UTME foreign examination center is $20.
* A compact disc known as e-brochure which contains all UTME’s syllabus, list of courses and some important information such as UTME rules and regulations will be given to each candidate.
* All e-pin bought by all candidates are attached to their personal profile. Candidates should personally protect security like data, such as e-pin, Registration number, ATM card numbers, passwords and emails.
* Officials of the UTME are not permitted to ask for candidate’s login details. However, you can rather input it yourself if the need arises.
2023/2024 jamb UTME Registration Procedures
Having gone through the above information, this next phase will be easier to comprehend. The following details provided below will be required to complete the entire process.
1. Profile Registration: To begin the UTME registration, candidates are advised to provide a functional mobile number; it will be used to create a profile. The provided contact can only be used by one candidate and will be automatically attached to the candidate’s profile.
In most cases, the phone number serves as a point of contact between the candidates and UTME officials. Information is subsequently sent to this number in form of text messages.
2. Sending of Name: Having created a profile using a functional phone number, the next step is to send your name for registration. These names are sent to 55019 as SMS, using this special format provided by UTME officials; Surname, First name, and Middle name.
3. Registration Confirmation: A code will be sent inform of text messages by UTME officials to the number provided by the candidates, this code consist of ten characters which serve as candidate registration number. This code is presented at any form procurement center closer to you.
Candidate’s e-pin is also forward via text message. The received e-pin is presented at any accredited CBT center so as to complete the ongoing registration.
How to Rectify Mistakes of Candidates Profile and retrieve losses.
Numerous mistakes and loss arises even at the course of registration. This circumstance includes; error in candidates name, a missing profile code and loss of profile password.
If battling with any of these issues, kindly follow the steps provided below.
1. To Correct Error in Candidate Name: To make correction on candidate name, all you need to do is to send a text messages with the number use in creating your profile. Send a text message to 55019 using this format; CORRECT Surname, First-Name or Middle name.
2. To Recover a Missing Profile Code: To retrieve a Missing code, candidate should send a text to 55019 with the number used in creating his/her profile. The messages body should be in this format; RESEND.
3. Retrieve a Profile password: You might not recall your profile password and wish to retrieve it, candidates should send; (password) space (email address) using the number you registered with. Send a text to 55019. This will automatically reset your forgotten or lost password.
UTME E-pin Outlet
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination e-pin is available across the Country. There are organizations accredited to sell out these e-pins to candidates
* Commercial Banks and Nigeria Postal Service. (NIPOST)
One popular accredited place where candidates can easily find the UTME e-pin is the NIPOST. Also some commercial banks such as Union, Unity, Access, Polaris, First, FCMB, Jaiz, Fidelity and Micro finance bank. These outlets are all permitted to vend the UTME e-pin.
* Operations of Mobile Money
Mobile Money operators such as; Paga, e-transact, Teas pay, Pocket Moni etc. They are also accredited outlets.
* Online Payment
In other to purchase UTME e-pin, payment can be made online for a fast and easy transaction. The examination body has licensed some online Payment medium which include; Inters witch (Quick teller), United Payment system (UPS), System spec (Remittal), e-transact and supper link.
* Make Payment via Jamb Official Portal
You can equally purchase your e-pin using JAMB’s official website. All you need to do is follow the following procedures below.
- Visit JAMB’s verified online payment portal by Clicking Here
- click on 2022/2023 Application Document, and enter your Profile Code.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment, either Inters witch or Remittal.
- Once the payment is successful your e-pin will be generated and send directly your registered phone number.
Steps To Complete Your jamb Registration Process at the CBT Centre
As you approach any CBT accredited centre, the e-pin you purchased will be required. As soon as it is processed, your name will be displayed automatically.
To finalize the whole registration process, candidates is required to follow the steps below:
- At this point, candidates will be charged a token of 700 naira for service fee. However it must not exceed the above amount.
- Candidate Bio-data will be required including date of birth, state of Origin, Nationality, gender, email, Local government among others.
- Candidate should select his/her choice of institution and discipline respectively.
- Candidate qualification will be required and uploaded immediately. O’level result and relevant certificates inclusive. (If available)
Things to Take Note Of
If candidate’s O’level result or is not available as at the time of registration, it can be uploaded latter when Jamb opens their portal for result uploading.
It is compulsory that candidate provides their result and grades because UTME will never consider any candidate recommendation from any institution if such candidate result is not on the UTME portal.
- direct entry candidate, needs to supply their UTME registration number of their initial institutional certificate.
- All pictures should be captured and not scanning of passport.
- Carry out the enrollment of your ten fingers (Biometric)
- Use biometric authentication to print out your registration slip.
- Collect your literature and CD without any other payment.