Due to the increasing cases of banditry, kidnapping across the country and the lack of manpower to tackle this challenge, the Nigerian police force will be recruiting more hands into the Nigeria Police Force.
About 10,000 Nigerians are going to be recruited as constable into the lower cadre of the Nigeria Police Force as this will help the police force to be able to cover more ground as never before.—
To meet international standard of policing as specified by the United Nations Only the most qualified, dynamic applicants are going to be recruited as this will guarantee best service delivery to the Nigerian people.
There has been a clamour for state or community policing over a period of time now, the government has now decided to introduce a system whereby newly recruit will find their service base in their respective Local Government.
NPF Recruitment Requirements 2021/2022
Before one could get recruited into the Nigerian police force there will be series of fitness test , medical status will be checked , credentials will be verify to see if the person qualify to join the police force.
- Nationality: only Nigerian citizens will be applying for this job.
- Age: the minimum age limit is 18.
- Education: minimum certificate accepted is O level certificate this should include a least 5 credit (mathematics and English)WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Character: interested applicants Must possess good character.
- Height: Must not be less than 1.67 metres in height for men and 1.64 metres for women.
- Get a National Identity Number
- Download and fill the guarantor’s form
More on the Nigerian police recruitment
The commissioner of police further said that all constable that made it through the recruitment process and subsequently recruited will be deployed to their respective local government area where they are to serve.
It has been reported that 10,000 new police officers will be recruited and injected into the Nigerian police force to help police the country through the recently introduced community policing.
With this arrangement security will be closer to the people in the community level. They are not going to operate alone as they will collaborate with community leaders and other local groups.
One of the key requirements needed to fight crime is intelligence gathering. You will agree with us that only men and women of police personnel who better understand the culture and norms of the communities they operate in can tackle crime and be successful in model day policing.
How to Apply Nigeria Police Force Recruitment 2021/2022
Active email address is needed for the application and Only interested applicants are asked to apply and here is the procedure and site to apply from:
- Fill the online form by visiting the nigeria police recruitment portal
- Enter your National identity number
- Pick a job opening that fits your qualification,
- Read the requirements and understand them better,
- Upload your certificates.
- Next, apply for any of the job openings
When is the Nigeria Police Force Application Closing date?
The Nigerian police recruitment closing date comes shortly after the portal has been activated for recruitment.
The portal will be shutdown 6 weeks after it was opened for applicant to apply. Interested applicants are advised to apply within the given period of time.
Note: NPF constable recruitment is free, no one should apply twice as such a one might face disqualification in the screening process.