DSS Recruitment 2022/2023 Portal | www.dss.gov.ng|see recruitment starting date
The Department of State Services (DSS) isn’t a strange organization to many Nigerians especially people who are keenly interested in becoming a part of the organization.
Unfortunately, most of the people who have the desire to be recruited into a position in the organization don’t really know how to go about it but that’s going to change soon.
We shall be putting you through all the required steps including how to apply for DSS recruitment exercises and how to check the shortlisted names of successful applicants.
DSS recruitment 2022/2023 ?
- 1 DSS recruitment 2022/2023 ?
- 2 See brief history of DSS
- 3 Functions Of The DSS
- 4 DSS Recruitment Criteria And How To Apply Successfully
- 5 Requirement For A Successful Application
- 6 How To Apply For DSS Recruitment 2021
- 7 DSS Shortlisted Candidates 2022/2023
- 8 How to Check DSS Shortlisted Candidates
- 9 DSS Recruitment Screening Exams
They are strong Nigerian Police Force or Army charged with the responsibility of providing topnotch security for government officials including the President, senate president, Governors and members of their immediate families.
See brief history of DSS
DSS was one of the three security entities created in June 1986 after the National Security Organization (NSO) was dissolved by former military president of the country Ibrahim Babangida.
This was a move aimed at ensuring that the president, government officials and every citizen enjoys high level of security within the nooks and crannies of the country.
Functions Of The DSS
The major and most recognized function of this brave and strong force is to provide tight and high security presence around well-known politicians. However, the DSS equally carry out the following duties:
- Waging war against internal crises and social unrest that might lead to war among citizens.
- Ensuring that criminal laws are rightfully enforced in order to prevent any form of misconduct from the general public.
- They make sure that massive security is provided to lawmakers across the 36 states of the federation.
- The members of the DSS are utilized as an anti-terrorism squad should there be any case of emergency.
DSS Recruitment Criteria And How To Apply Successfully
Most of recruitment processes in Nigeria are done online, but DSS job is quite different as it is completely done offline.
You don’t need to visit any portal to apply for a spot in the DSS as it only requires you to be physically present at the appropriate registration center.
Having said that, let’s take a very quick glance through the things and qualifications you must possess to be eligible for the job.
Requirement For A Successful Application
- Impressive Academic Qualifications or Passing Grades:
DSS is so very much concerned about your academic prowess. You should have a Bachelor’s degree which contains nothing less than a Second Class Upper Division.
Alternatively, you can possess NCE/ND degree from a well recognized tertiary institution in any of the following fields:
- Physical and Health Education
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics
- Engineering/IT Specialist
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Guidance and Counseling which is only for female.
- Computer Science
- You should possess a Nigeria’s birth certificate which justifies that you are a legitimate citizen of the country.
- You shouldn’t be shorter than 1.7m (male) or 1.64m (female)
- Judging by the nature of the job, it is imperative you are physically and psychologically fit.
- You must be a crime-free citizen who doesn’t have any record of criminal offence in the past.
- You mustn’t be younger than 18, while you shouldn’t be older than 30 years of age.
- Though not compulsory, you should possess at least 0.87 expanded chest measurements – depending on the post you are applying for.
- You must be medically certified by a recognized government/public hospital.
We won’t fail to inform you immediately DSS port is activated for recruitment
How To Apply For DSS Recruitment 2021
1. Visit Your Local Government Chairman Office For Approval
The first step to take is to get an approval from your local government chairman. Visit the local government chairman’s office and request for a signed letter from him.
His signed letter serves as a confirmation that you are a bona-fide citizen of his local government area.
2. Write A Letter To The SSS Director-General
Having done the first procedure, you should officially write to the office of the SSS Director-General in Abuja. The aim of your letter is to let him know of your intentions to be part of the force.
This should be done in an official manner. Hence, the write-up should portrait all the features of a Formal letter.
3. Submit All Important Documents at The SSS Headquarters In Your State
The last step requires you to visit the SSS headquarter located in your state of origin so as to submit all important file and documents.
Meanwhile, you should endeavor to include two statements of result and two color passport photos in the document you’re submitting.
You are expected to wait for some weeks while they check all your submitted credentials to see of you merit a spot in the organization.
DSS Shortlisted Candidates 2022/2023
Meanwhile, all the names of successful applicants will be shortlisted via their official website.
Therefore, it is extremely crucial you keep a close tab on the DSS office recruitment portal in order to know if you are included in the names of applicants who will take part in subsequent processes such as interview.
How to Check DSS Shortlisted Candidates
There is no much work here; all you need to do is to constantly visit the DSS official website.
Alternatively, you can click this link and you would be redirected to the page where the list of success candidates are pasted or published.
DSS Recruitment Screening Exams
It is also important we let you know that all shortlisted candidates will participate in a screening exam aimed at testing their ability and readiness to assume their post.
The exam will take place in every state of the country, meaning you should endeavor to locate your own venue before the set date.
Having done the exam, other information will be passed across to you via the email address or phone number you provide in your credentials.
Being hired by the DSS isn’t an uphill task that you can’t overcome as long as you follow the right procedures. Just ensure you possess all the requirements and you perform excellently well in your screening exam.
If there is any other information you would want to know about DSS recruitment exercises, feel free to paste them in the comment box below.