Nigerian army recruitment is on right now. You can now Apply using this guide.
Learn more on Nigerian army recruitment requirements, applicant guide, closing date and how to apply here.
Becoming a full member of the armed forces or any other force unit is exciting to most Young Nigerian women and men, knowing the pride it comes with defending your motherland from internal or external aggression.
Online registration starts
For this very reason you ought to learn the application steps for easy signing-up on the Nigerian army recruitment portal.
It could also be that for now based on personal reasons you have no interest with the Nigerian army, don’t worry just read on you never can tell, this information could help you or any one close to you in future.
Nigerian army recruitment 2022/2023
- 1 Nigerian army recruitment 2022/2023
- 2 Nigerian Army recruitment 2022/2023 requirements for your successful enrollment
- 3 How to Apply to the Nigerian army recruitment:
- 4 Eligible States
- 5 How to register and check the result?
- 6 Functions of the Nigerian army
- 7 Nigeria army salary structure 2021/2022
While growing up most kids have that dream of enlisting into the Nigerian army. The Nigerian military is very similar to most military unit elsewhere that tends to attract young professionals and mind alike into the force
The Nigerian Army, being a branch of the armed forces came into existence in early 1960. When it was first created most Nigerians knows it as the Royal West African Frontier Force no doubt the name was influenced by the colonial masters .
We have to be Frank with you Not everyone can get enlisted into the Nigerian military as the military has revolve over the years to become the largest force in Africa, boasting of the a standby active personnel of about 310 thousand and 89 thousand reserve unit.
For a successful enlistment, It is important for applicant to meet all the requirements, so slowly read this article to get the best out of it.
Nigerian Army recruitment 2022/2023 requirements for your successful enrollment
- Citizenship: NA prospective personnel must be a Nigerian citizen by birth
- They are to show their National Identity card to prove that they are Nigerians or any documents .
- The least education certificates requirements demands that they should possess at least is 4 credits ( English is compulsory) this could be gotten in one or at most 2 sittings from any of the exam body : WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Those who are applying for special position like Tradesmen & Women will require more Higher certificate like OND/Trade Test/City and Guild certificate.
- Age: going through the recruitment requirements for Non-Tradesmen & Women Applicants, the documents states that each applicant should or must attain the age of 18 or not be more than 22 years old when applying.
- The Nigerian Army is not for the fainthearted, it is for the very persons that are Strong physically and mentally and most of all fit medically.
- height requirement is pegged at 1.68 m for men and from 1.62 m for women.
- Nigerian Airforce Recruitment
- Nigerian police recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- Nigerian immigration recruitment
- Civil defence recruitment
|Minimium Age (Non – Trades)||18|
|Maximium Age (Non – Trades)||22|
|Minimium Age (Trades)||22|
|Maximium Age (Trades)||26|
|Minimium Height (Male)||1.68|
|Minimium Height (Female)||1.62|
|Minimium Educational Qualification||Minimum 4 passes in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB|
|Application Period||September 16th|
How to Apply to the Nigerian army recruitment:
The Nigerian army recruitment has been made very easy, the application steps has been further broken down onto easier steps to enable prospective personnel of the Force seamlessly apply
The Nigerian army application process has been published on its recruitment portal, how to fill the form, the list of documents prospective personnel should submit etc have been listed, so right now let’s explain the step below in a language that’s more simpler
- Here is the Nigerian army recruitment portal, so Log here www.nigerianarmyms.ng or https://ims.army.mil.ng/
- There are qualification criteria listed on the portal, so read them again.
- Select the type of application : DSSC or SSC . Just make sure that you select the application mode you want to apply, so that you aren’t redirected to the wrong path.
- To access the NA application form, you should Click on ‘register’.
NOTE: There is no way you can register twice, it’s once, so if you don’t have an account before just go ahead and create a new account else you can login to your old account with your login details.
- If everything goes fine and your application sign-up is received, you are to receive a confirmation email from the Army about your application
- Click on the link on the mail or rather Click on the ‘login’ tab to enable you login, so as to fill in the NA forms.
- Set up your profile by adding your personal details (upload the right passport photograph and your bio-data like your names, age, height details, contact address etc).
- To further strengthen your profile Include your educational qualifications (WAEC, NECO, GCE or rather any certificate they require from you ).
- Supporting documents are to be scanned and uploaded ; Upload/edit supporting documents in the area meant for it.
When you are done with the above which shouldn’t take more than 1 hour to accomplished unless in the case where the network is very slow. The next step is for you to Print your photo cards.
There is a first page on the photo card which you are to take to the court for them to signed while the second page is to be signed by the chairman/secretary, for this it must be your local government or rather go to any military officer of a higher rank preferably a rank of Lieutenant Colonel and should be from your state of origin.
|Taraba||Yobe||Zamfara & FCT|
How to register and check the result?
Now that you have registered for the Nigerian Army online recruitment, wait for few weeks for the results to be out.
The recruitment form could be gotten from here
After the Nigerian Army has considered your candidacy, its important for you to check back in few weeks time or find out if you have been accepted or listed among those who will go for screening. If you are shortlisted for the Nigerian Army screening read this article below for the next line of action.
Note: to check if you are on the list of shortlisted, you can only use your
application number to verify.
The verification can only be done on the recruitment portal of the Nigerian Army
Here are Items you need for state screening exercise that’s upcoming :
- Get White vest
- Get Blue shorts
- Get White canvas
- Get White socks
- Arrange Original and photocopies of your credentials
- To verify your results make available Scratch cards for online verification of result (WASSEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB)
- Writing materials
- File jacket
- National Identity card/slip
- Passports and full size 5 x 7 photographs
Functions of the Nigerian army
- The first objective for drafting the NA is to Defend Nigeria and Nigerians from external aggression most especially from sovereign states;
- Secondly the Nigerian army has another objective which is to make sure that the territorial sovereignty of Nigeria is respected and also secured from invaders from either super or lesser powers.
- If there is any insurrection that is beyond the Nigerian police the Nigerian army are usually called upon to calm the situation by the use of force.
Nigeria army salary structure 2021/2022
|1||Field Marshal||Yet to be attained|
|1||Warrant Officer Class 1||N90,000|
|2||Warrant Officer Class 2||N80,000|
|6||Lance – corporal||N55,000|